LG Bridge is designed to back up, manage, and update your LG devices on a computer. But it is not always working the way it is supposed to be. At times, you may come across "LG Bridge cannot connect..." and some other common issues of LG Bridge as follows:
- LG Bridge reads, "LG Bridge no mobile device connected".
- It shows endless "Connecting..." after the physical connection.
- LG Bridge won't connect to your computer.
- You get the prompt, saying, "LG Bridge cannot check the software version".
- LG AirDrive is busy or not working.
Well, what's the reason for LG Bridge not working, and how can we fix this? Just keep reading for the answers that may satisfy you.
- Part 1: What Results in LG Bridge Not Working?
- Part 2: LG Bridge Cannot Connect? 5 Quick Solutions to Fix It
- Part 3: A Better Way for LG Data Backup and Transfer
Part 1: What Results in LG Bridge Not Working?
We described some LG Bridge issues in the foreword just now. Well, what leads to LG Bridge not working? OK, here they are:
- LG Bridge doesn't know your phone is connected: When you link your LG G9/G8/G7/G6/G5, etc., to a computer, LG Bridge is unable to recognize it. This may have something to do with the firmware it uses to identify LG phones as being wrong or missing.
- Endless "Connecting": It's possible that the situation is a little better. LG Bridge seems to recognize your device and displays "Connecting...". But after a long time, the display on the screen is the same as before.
- Update errors: Interestingly, you may have installed a newer version of the software. Yet, it pops up with an error that tells you to update the software, and it appears every few short periods of time.
So, is there any remedy to cope with the issue? Now, let's move on to learn five quick solutions.
You Might Need:
- How to Print Text Messages from LG Phone [5 Tested Methods]
Part 2: LG Bridge Cannot Connect? 5 Quick Solutions to Fix It
Solution 1: Use LG PC Suite
LG Bridge is compatible with LG phones released after LG G4. They are:
- LG G9/G8/G7/G6/G5.
- LG V60/V50/V40/V30/V20/V10.
- LG K series, X series, Stylus series phones/tablets, etc.
To quickly fix "LG Bridge won't connect", you should first check your phone's model. If it doesn't match the list above, just manage your LG items with LG PC Suite, the predecessor of LG Bridge.
Solution 2: Try Another USB Ports
It is known to some of us that we can move photos/videos from Android to a flash drive after plugging the U-disk into a USB port. Well, what do you know about the port?
Briefly, USB ports might be integrated into the units where the black or white-colored port is usually 2.0, and the blue one is 3.0. You can switch to USB 2.0 to resolve LG Bridge not recognizing the phone if you find the 3.0 fails to carry on with the job.
Solution 3: Choose MTP Mode on LG
Selecting the MTP mode or USB Debugging on your LG phone might help get rid of the "LG Bridge cannot connect" issue. To do this:
- Go to your LG phone's Settings.
- Proceed to General > Developer Options > place a checkmark on USB Debugging. (if it isn't there, tap "Build number" 7 times, and it should come out.)
- Connect your LG device to a computer via a USB cable.
- You will then get a notification, from which you can click the MTP mode.
- Then run the LG Bridge program and see if it can connect.
Tips: Intend to replace your old LG phone with a glistening iPhone 12/11? Don't forget to transfer contacts from LG to iPhone for convenience.
Solution 4: Install or Reinstall PC Driver
If you find the MTP mode doesn't work, just try to install or reinstall the PC Driver. Here's how:
- After connecting LG Bridge to a computer, go to your phone's notification center.
- Find the MTP device and the three dots icon on the upper right.
- Locate "Install PC Programs".
- A prompt on a smaller window will turn up. Now click "OK".
- 5 Effective Methods to Transfer Data from LG to LG
- LG Data Recovery - How to Recover Deleted Data from LG Phones?
Solution 5: Update LG Bridge
If LG Bridge says "your phone cannot update" or is unable to back up your device, updating the Bridge might settle the matter. Here's the manual:
- Run LG Bridge, go to its Settings > Check for update.
- You may now find any updates available.
- If there is no update, it's advisable to uninstall the Bridge and reinstall it.
- You may be able to let the tool identify your LG phone in doing so.
Part 3: A Better Way for LG Data Backup and Transfer
LG Bridge cannot connect. And don't want to give up just yet? Don't you wish to find a better tool to back up, transfer and manage your LG phone at this juncture?
Here's an excellent program - MobiKin Assistant for Android (Win and Mac) for your reference. Tailored for all Android users, it is by far one of the best replacements for LG Bridge and offers a free trial.
More features of MobiKin Assistant for Android:
- Transfer data between Android devices and computers with no data loss.
- One-click to back up and restore Android devices.
- Process files like photos, videos, music, contacts, text messages, call logs, documents, apps, and more.
- Manage Android content on computers without technical hassle.
- It features ease of use, high work efficiency, etc.
- Work for almost any Android phones/tablets, covering LG G9/G8/G7/G6/G5/G4/G3, LG V60/V50/V40/V35/V30/V20, LG C550, E400, E720, GT540, GW620, P350, P500, P503, P509, P970, P990, etc.
- It won't let out your privacy.
Now, follow the directions to back up/transfer data from LG to a computer without LG Bridge:
> Bulk back up LG data to computer
Step 1. Run the program and link your LG phone to a computer via a USB cable. Then, you're supposed to enable USB Debugging on LG to let the utility recognize your device.
Step 2. Choose "Super Toolkit" from the top screen > "Backup". Next, select the data types you wish to back up and set a location on this computer to save them. After that, click "Back Up" to commence.
> Selectively transfer data from LG to computer
You can also transfer specified data from LG to computer. The following uses contacts as an example:
Step 1. Click "Contacts" from the left side. Then preview the contact list and decide which one(s) to transfer to this computer.
Step 2. Mark all the contacts you want and click "Export" to copy and get them onto your computer.
Above is the definitive guide in response to "LG Bridge cannot connect" or "LG Bridge not working". It doesn't seem to have a close bearing on your LG phone, but the Bridge itself.
Frankly, as the reasons for LG bridge errors are uncharted and uncharted, any operation on it can not ensure an effective solution to the scenario.
So, if you have yet to tackle the problem, just download and use MobiKin Assistant for Android, the best alternative to LG Bridge.
Any problems? Please let us know by leaving a comment below.
Tips to Fix Common LG G9/G8/G7/G6/G5 Problems
LG Mobile Switch Not Working? Solutions Are Here!
[4 Ways] How to Fix LG Phone Cannot Turn on Issue?
[Easy Guides] How to Transfer Data from Samsung to LG?
How Do You Put Music on Your LG Phone? 3 Simple Methods
How Do I Bypass the Lock Screen on My LG without Reset [Must-Read]
How do I connect my phone to my LG bridge? ›
2. When connecting your LG phone to a computer with a USB cable, pull down the drop-down screen on your LG phone and enter the USB settings from the Notifications. Then, select MTP mode from the list and run LG Bridge. The software will then recognize your device.How do I update my LG bridge? ›
On your computer launch LG Bridge from your desktop or Start menu. Your phone will connect automatically to your computer through LG Bridge. Click Software update in the top menu of the LG Bridge window. Click Software update.How does LG bridge work? ›
LG Bridge brings all your LG devices (phones and tablets) together. You can manage, update, and back up your devices all in one place. Use LG Bridge to: LG Backup - Back up or restore content on your mobile device via USB.How do I sync my LG phone to my computer? ›
To connect your device to a computer via USB:
Open the Notifications panel and tap the USB connection icon . Tap the connection mode you want to use to connect to the PC. Choose from the following options: Charge only, Media sync (MTP), Internet connection, or Camera (PTP).
Restart the TV and wireless router (unplug them then plug them back in). For Advanced Users: Check the router's firewall settings. For Advanced Users: Check the static IP settings. If the issue persists, Contact Us.What is the network unlock code for LG? ›
1: Turn on phone without Sim card. 2: Dial 2945#*769#. 3: A menu will popup to enter the code. 5: Device is now unlocked.What is LG Bridge Service app? ›
LG Bridge brings all your LG devices (phones and tablets) together. You can manage, update, and back up your devices all in one place. Use LG Bridge to: LG Backup - Back up or restore content on your mobile device via USB. Software update - update your mobile devices software via USB.Are LG phones no longer supported? ›
LG closed its mobile division, and on its way out promised current devices will keep receiving firmware updates until the summer of 2025.How do I fix my LG mobile network not available? ›
Manually select cellular network :
Settings > Network & Internet > More > Mobile Networks > Network operators > Search networks > Select your mobile network. Restart your phone. You may also select Network operator automatically until the message Registered on network appears at the bottom of the screen.
If you do nothing, I believe it defaults to C:\LGBridge\BackupDataFile and in that directory you should find the LGBackup file with the . lbf extension.
How do I backup everything on my LG phone? ›
- On your Android phone, open the Google One app .
- At the bottom, tap Storage.
- Scroll to the device backup section. If this is your first phone backup: Tap Set up data backup. ...
- To find your backup settings, tap Manage backup. To back up the data on your phone, turn on Device data. ...
- Tap Back up now.
- Unlock your phone.
- With a USB cable, connect your phone to your computer.
- On your phone, tap the "Charging this device via USB" notification.
- Under "Use USB for," select File Transfer.
- A file transfer window will open on your computer.
- Begin by pressing the Home button on the Magic Remote.
- Click on the Settings icon in the upper right-hand corner.
- Click on Sound, and then Sound Out.
- Change the setting from "TV Speaker" to "LG Sound Sync Wireless".
- Press Device Selection.
- Open your phone's Settings app.
- Tap About phone Google Account. Account sync. If you have more than one account on your phone, tap the one you want to sync.
- Tap More. Sync now.
Restart your device.
Open your Settings app and tap Network & internet or Connections. Depending on your device, these options may be different. Turn Wi-Fi off and mobile data on, and check if there's a difference. If not, turn mobile data off and Wi-Fi on and check again.
- Check for Physical Connectivity Issues. ...
- Restart the Router. ...
- Evaluate Software Problems. ...
- Check If You're Outside the Wireless Signal Range. ...
- Check Service Isn't Being Blocked. ...
- Open Windows Network Diagnostics and Check Your DNS settings. ...
- Reboot the Computer.
How to fix Wi-Fi network issues
- Reboot your modem. ...
- Check network configuration. ...
- Reset your network. ...
- Check your network adapter SSID.
SIM Network Unlock Pin (NUP) is a code used to unlock an Android phone or iPhone from its original carrier so that it may be used on other carriers. This code is typically 8 or 16 digits long and is used to unlock a smartphone.Can I unlock my phone network myself? ›
Unlocking your phone isn't hard to do—and it's completely legal—but a little help can go a long way, because the process varies from phone to phone and carrier to carrier. If you didn't make a point of buying an unlocked model when you purchased your phone, it's likely tied to your current network.Do I need the LG mobile switch app? ›
The LG Mobile Switch (Sender) app must be installed on the old and new phone to transfer contacts, text messages, pictures, videos, installed Apps, notes, call history, and other important data on the phone.
Do I need LG IMS app on my phone? ›
It allows users to place and receive calls, send texts, and exchange files over a 4G LTE or 5G network. Therefore, the LG IMS App is essential for daily life.Will LG phones still work in 2022? ›
The company officially stopped making phones in April, 2021. Despite that though, there are still many good phones the company released in 2020 and in 2021, that will continue to be supported for their remaining lifetime. This way, if you want to get an LG phone, you can still do that.Will LG phones work in 2023? ›
A. Yes, your current LG phone will continue to work with your service provider.What phones will not work in 2022? ›
A lot of older cellphones, including the IPhone 5, IPhone 5S and Samsung Galaxy S4, as well as many of the flip phones, will become obsolete in 2022 as mobile providers make the switch to 5G networks.How do I make my Mobile network available? ›
- Restart Your Device. ...
- Remove SIM Card and Put it Back. ...
- Check Network Settings. ...
- Check whether phone is in Roaming Mode. ...
- Update the phone system to fix software bugs. ...
- Turn off mobile data and turn on it again. ...
- Turn off WiFi. ...
- Make sure Airplane mode is turned off.
- Select Settings.
- Select Network & internet.
- Select Mobile networks.
- Select Access Point Names.
- Select the Menu button.
- Select Restore default settings.
- Your phone will reset to default Internet and MMS settings. Network problems should be solved at this point. ...
- Select the Menu button.
Settings icon > scroll to and select System > select Restart & reset > select Network settings reset > Reset Settings > select Reset Settings again to confirm. Note: Resetting your network settings deletes previously associated Wi-Fi networks, security passcodes, Bluetooth devices and cellular network data settings.Where is the best location to backup your data? ›
Some well-established services include Carbonite, Backblaze, SpiderOak and IDrive. Google Drive, Microsoft's OneDrive and Apple's iCloud are also popular destinations for cloud backup. Cloud-based file store-and-sync services may also be used as cloud backup.How do I restore my LG backup? ›
For restoring data from backup files go to Settings > General Tab > Backup > Backup & Restore > Restore. Then select the files from the backup list and then press "Next" to continue. You can expand each files types by taping the arrow button next to it and select individual files to restore.How do I restore my LG phone from backup? ›
- Open Backup. Open Settings > General tab > ...
- Select Backup Location. ...
- Start Backup. ...
- Restore A Backup.
How do I free up internal storage on my LG phone? ›
- From the Home screen, tap Apps > Settings > Smart cleaning. (may be found under General Tab).
- Select Temporary files, Download folder, or Idle apps.
- Checkmark. the files, cache, or apps you want to remove or uninstall, then tap Clean.
From its home, you can select the “Backup” option to start with. In no time, the application would automatically display the snapshot of your LG phone and list the type of data you can save. From here, just select what you wish to transfer (like Photos/Videos) and click on the “Start” button. That's it!How do I restore my entire backup? ›
Switch between backup accounts
- Open your phone's Settings app.
- Tap System. Backup. ...
- Tap Backup account.
- Tap the account that you want to use for backups.
Install the LG SmartWorld for Android app and enjoy free content and services! *Data charges may apply when downloading the LG SmartWorld app.What is LG SmartWorld app for? ›
LG SmartWorld provides content for LG mobile phone users, such as apps for decorating mobile phone screens and video clips.How can I access my phone on my computer without cable? ›
Another great way of transferring files between Android device and your computer is using a cloud service. Cloud Services such as Dropbox and Google Drive allow you to upload files from your computer, or phone, and then allow you to access those files from any of your devices.How can I access my phone from PC without USB cable? ›
- Download AirDroid Personal & Create AirDroid Account. Click the "Download Now" button to install AirDroid Personal on your Android phone and PC.
- Connect Device to PC. ...
- Step 3: Setup AirDroid Personal. ...
- Step 4: Start Controlling Your Phone from PC.
Moreover, you need to ensure that your Android phone has enabled USB debugging. Then connect the USB cable to your Android device and computer. On the list of available devices, click on your Android device. Upon successful connection, the screen of your Android device will be displayed on the computer.Why does my LG TV keep going out of sync? ›
LG TVs with webOS
Push the Home button on your remote. Select the Settings gear icon in the top-right corner. Select Sound > AV Sync Adjustment. Turn On AV Sync Adjustment, then use the left-right slider to delay or speed up the audio to match the video better.
The biggest difference is that HDMI can pass higher-resolution audio, including the formats found on Blu-ray: Dolby TrueHD and DTS HD Master Audio. These formats can't get transmitted across optical. In terms of simplicity, HDMI also passes video signals.
How do I get my TV in sync? ›
Select Display & Sound → Audio output → A/V sync → Auto or On.What happens if you turn off sync on your phone? ›
When you turn off sync and sign out, you're also signed out of other Google services, like Gmail. You can sign in again without the need to turn on sync.Should auto sync be on or off? ›
If you leave auto-sync on, you may find your Android device running low on battery power much quicker than you want. So it's best to turn it off unless you really need it. For more, see the original article at the link below.How do I reset my sync system? ›
Press and hold both the Power button (center of the Volume knob) and the Seek Right button for 10 seconds. Press and hold both the Volume Down and Seek Right buttons on the steering wheel controls for 10 seconds.How do I connect my LG washing machine to my phone? ›
- From the ThinQ app dashboard, tap add a device.
- Tap on scan QR.
- Center the QR code from the model and serial tag in the frame on your phone screen.
- Make sure your device is plugged in and powered on and tap Next.
- Select the WiFi network to connect your washer to.
- 1 Swipe down on the Quick Access menu and locate “Screen Sharing” or “Smart View”
- 2 Select the desired TV to mirror your device's screen.
- 3 That's it! Your are now ready to share your device's screen and audio on your LG TV.
- Select Settings.
- Select Network & internet.
- Select Wi-Fi.
- Turn on Wi-Fi.
- Select the wireless network you want to connect to.
- Enter the Wi-Fi password and select Connect. Wi-Fi password.
- You are now connected to the Wi-Fi network.
With the widest assortment of wi-fi enabled appliances and one app to manage them all, LG makes managing your smart appliances easy. Download the free LG ThinQ app to get started.What app do I use for LG washer? ›
Download the free LG ThinQ app onto your Android or iOS device to easily manage all of your LG smart appliances.Why is my phone not connecting? ›
Restart your device.
If restarting doesn't work, switch between Wi-Fi and mobile data: Open your Settings app and tap Network and Internet or Connections. Depending on your device, these options may be different. Turn Wi-Fi off and mobile data on, and check if there's a difference.
What LG Connect app? ›
LG Connect Apps is a function that connects mobile device apps which support LG Connect to the TV so they can display photos or music in the mobile device or control the TV. Set the LG Connect Apps option to On. (When you stop using it, please change it back to Off.)How do I update my LG TV? ›
- Go to Settings > All Settings > General.
- Select About this TV.
- Select Check for Updates and if an update is available Download and Install.
- Once download is complete, power OFF the TV for 10 seconds then power ON to install the update.
- Plug in with a USB data cable. Nearly all smartphones and tablets can plug into a TV's USB port using a USB cable like this 6-foot Data Cable for USB-A to USB-C. ...
- Use Google Chromecast with Google TV. ...
- Connect via your smart TV.
You can view the screen of your Android device on a TV by mirroring it without Wi-Fi. You will need to use a DeX cable or a USB-C to HDMI cable for it to work. To do this, follow the steps below: To connect your phone to the TV, plug one end into the HDMI port and the other end go into your phone or smart device.How do I reset my LG stove? ›
To reset the unit, locate the circuit breaker to the unit and turn it OFF and back ON. To test the cooktop: Press the ON/OFF button to one of the elements. Press the + key to set the highest temperature.How do you connect a stove to Wi-Fi? ›
- Range Control - Press and hold the "Remote Enable" button until the WiFi icon starts flashing on the display. ...
- Wall Oven (Touch Pad) - Press and hold the "Remote Enable" button until the WiFi icon starts flashing on the display.
1)The 8-character password is a repetition of the last 4 characters of 'LG_Smart_OOOO_XXXX' network on the screen. In the password field, enter the last 4 characters of the network name twice to try registering your product again.